Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Pumpkin, chocolate and pecans come together for the ultimate dessert combo in these decadent pumpkin swirl cheesecake brownies.
For the pumpkin cheesecake layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (226 grams), at room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (56 grams)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree (88 grams)
For the brownie layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (113 grams), cut into cubes
- 6 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate (170 grams), chopped or use chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (145 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans , divided (50 grams), optional
- ¼ cup bittersweet or dark chocolate chips (42 grams), optional
To make the pumpkin cheesecake filling:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a bowl and hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
Add the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth. Mix in the flour and cinnamon, then mix in the pumpkin puree.
To make the brownies:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over medium low heat, stirring until smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
Stir in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
Stir in the flour, salt and cinnamon and mix until just combined. Stir in most of the chopped pecans if using, reserving a few for the top of the brownies.
Spread about half of the chocolate brownie batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. This layer will be very thin, barely covering the whole pan.
Dollop spoonfuls of the pumpkin filling on top of the brownie batter, then dollop the remaining brownie batter on top.
Take a knife and run it through the batter, swirling the brownie batter and pumpkin filling together. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and reserved chopped pecans.
Bake until for about 35 minutes, or until cheesecake filling is set and brownie batter swirls appear dry.
Let brownies cool completely before slicing. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Store brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week and tightly wrapped in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Calories: 240kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 79mg, Potassium: 113mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 1413IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 48mg, Iron: 1mg