Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Cream cheese pound cake dressed up for the holidays with cranberries, orange zest, and spices.
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter (340 grams), softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese (226 grams), softened to room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar (600 grams)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (360 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (200 grams)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (456 grams), sifted
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a 12 cup bundt cake pan.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes on high speed. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each, and scraping the bowl down as needed. Add the vanilla.
Add the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange zest. Mix on low only just until no streaks of flour remain. Add the cranberries and gently fold in by hand.
Scoop the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs, about 70-85 minutes
Let cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze:
Mix together the powdered sugar, orange zest, orange juice and enough milk to make a thick but pour-able glaze.
Pour glaze over the bundt cake and let set for a few minutes before serving.
- If using frozen cranberries, no need to thaw.
- Make ahead: wrap in plastic at store at room temperature for up to 4 days, and in the freezer for up for 2 months. Add glaze just before serving.
Calories: 699kcal, Carbohydrates: 98g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 32g, Saturated Fat: 19g, Cholesterol: 164mg, Sodium: 292mg, Potassium: 161mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 71g, Vitamin A: 1096IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 68mg, Iron: 2mg