Simplest Lemon-Herb Roasted Salmon
This simple 5-ingredient roasted salmon is my family's favorite meal!
- 1 salmon fillet , any size
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon , sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs , see Notes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or grease with oil or nonstick spray and lay salmon on top skin side-down.
Add enough olive oil to lightly cover surface of the salmon.
Place lemon slices on top evenly spaced.
Sprinkle with herbs and salt and pepper.
Bake until salmon is cooked all the way through and flakes easily with a fork. Internal temperature should read 145 degrees F. A 1 lb fillet will take approximately 25 minutes, a 2 lb fillet will take approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Use herbs like basil, dill, chives, parsley, thyme, rosemary, and sage, or a mixture of any. If using dried herbs, reduce amount to 1 teaspoon.
- I squeeze the juice from the ends of the lemon onto the salmon before baking to maximize lemon flavor.
- This recipe is more of a guide. Adjust amounts as needed to fit your size of fillet and your preferences.
- If desired, you can cut the fillet into individual portions before baking. Space a few inches apart on prepared sheet pan. Reduce baking time by 5 or more minutes.
Calories: 181kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 50mg, Potassium: 574mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 87IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 17mg, Iron: 1mg