Farro with Chicken, Sweet Potatoes and Kale
Healthy and hearty grain bowls filled with so many of my favorite things!
- 1 cup uncooked farro (215 grams)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato , peeled and diced
- 1 medium bunch kale , torn and ribs removed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (42 grams)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (28 grams)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (280 grams)
In a medium pot of salted boiling water, add farro. Cook for 15 minutes, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the olive oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce to make a dressing.
Toss the sweet potatoes with just enough dressing to coat. Spread onto a sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes.
Toss the kale, flaked coconut, and slivered almonds with a little more dressing. Add to the sheet pan with the sweet potatoes and roast another 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender, kale is wilted, and coconut and nuts are toasted.
In a large bowl toss the roasted veggies, farro, chicken, and remaining dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from The Vintage Mixer.
- See post above for possible variations to this dish.
- If you don't have sesame oil, you can replace it with more olive oil.
Calories: 357kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Sodium: 391mg, Potassium: 403mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 4042IU, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 2mg