Strawberry and Asparagus Salad with Chicken
This strawberry and asparagus salad with chicken is light, healthy, and full of so much flavor!
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60 ml)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 bundle asparagus , chopped
- 6 cups loosely packed mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (167 grams)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (28 grams)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
To make the marinade/salad dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon, honey, salt, pepper, and basil.
Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish or plastic bag and cover with half of marinade. Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Transfer chicken breasts to a sheet pan or other baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
Toss chopped asparagus in about 1 tablespoon of marinade and add to baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes more, until asparagus is softened and chicken is cooked through. Let chicken and asparagus cool slightly while you prep the rest of the salad ingredients.
Toss the mixed greens and strawberries with dressing. Slice the chicken and add it and the asparagus.
Top salad with feta cheese and sliced almonds.
- You can also use cooked chicken in this recipe and bypass marinating and roasting. If you do, store leftover dressing in fridge for another use.
- I like to use 50/50 mixed greens (50% mixed greens/50% baby spinach).
Calories: 353kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 845mg, Potassium: 927mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 4129IU, Vitamin C: 104mg, Calcium: 121mg, Iron: 3mg