One Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
This extra-large peanut butter chocolate chip cookie is the perfect treat for one or more!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (42 grams), melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (34 grams)
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar (53 grams)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (60 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (57-85 grams), per your preference
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl combine the melted butter, peanut butter and brown sugar with a spoon (or spatula). Mixture will be grainy.
Add egg yolk and beat with spoon by hand for about 60 seconds. Mixture should lighten in color and texture.
Stir in vanilla extract
Add four, baking soda, and salt and mix until combine.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Shape cookie dough into a large ball and place on the prepared sheet pan. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
Bake until edges are dark golden brown and center has just started to turn brown, 16-19 minutes.
Let cool on the sheet pan for a few minutes, then serve warm or let cool completely on a wire rack.
Calories: 1858kcal, Carbohydrates: 187g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 113g, Saturated Fat: 60g, Cholesterol: 295mg, Sodium: 1047mg, Potassium: 1198mg, Fiber: 16g, Sugar: 112g, Vitamin A: 1384IU, Calcium: 186mg, Iron: 14mg