Classic Fudge Brownies
These classic fudge brownies are completely homemade, and better than anything from a box! They have a chewy fudge-like texture, rich chocolate flavor, and shiny crackly crust.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick, 113 grams), cubed
- 3 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate (85 grams), chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (90 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional add-ins: 1 cup chocolate chips (170 grams), nuts, candy pieces (113 grams)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan or line with parchment paper.
In a saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate and butter. Heat until melted, stirring often.
Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Beat by hand for about 30 seconds.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla.
Add flour and salt and mix just until incorporated. Stir in the chips or other mix-ins, if using.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely for at least an hour before cutting into squares.
Sodium: 81mg, Calcium: 16mg, Vitamin A: 368IU, Sugar: 26g, Fiber: 1g, Potassium: 78mg, Cholesterol: 64mg, Calories: 284kcal, Saturated Fat: 9g, Fat: 15g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Iron: 1mg