Grilled Bruschetta Skewers
These grilled bruschetta skewers with ricotta pesto are an easy summer appetizer!
- 1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cups crusty sourdough or french bread , cubed (about 1 small loaf)
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 20 6- inch mini bamboo skewers , see Notes
- Ricotta pesto , for dipping
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Add tomatoes and cubed bread to a large bowl. Drizzle with enough olive oil to lightly coat the bread and tomatoes and heavily season with salt.
Assemble on skewers, alternating bread cubes and tomatoes.
Grill over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, turning often to make sure bread is toasting evenly. Skewers are done when bread is slightly charred and tomatoes have softened and start to burst.
Serve immediately with ricotta pesto.
To make the ricotta pesto:
Stir together the pesto, ricotta cheese, and olive oil. Add more olive oil as needed if sauce is too thick.
Can be make in advance and stored in the fridge for several days.
- Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes before using.
- If you can't find 6-inch skewers, you can cut regular skewers in half.
- You can also just use traditional pesto for dipping if desired.
- This recipe scales up and down really well to fit your needs.
Calories: 64kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 74mg, Potassium: 13mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 104IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 16mg, Iron: 1mg