Southwest Chicken Skillet with Zucchini and Corn
This southwest chicken skillet with zucchini, bell peppers, and corn is a delicious and healthy summer meal!
Southwest spice mix:
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast , sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 lb about 3 small zucchini , thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 2 loves garlic minced
- 1 cup corn , can use fresh, frozen or canned
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese , crumbled
To make the skillet:
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet set over medium high heat and heat for 1 minute. Add chicken in a single layer (cook in batches if needed to avoid crowding the pan) and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of the spice mix.
Cook for a few minutes on each side until browned and cooked through, stirring as needed. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and heat for 1 minute. Add zucchini and bell peppers and sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of the spice mix. Cook for a few minutes until vegetables have started to soften.
Add garlic and corn and cook for a minute more.
Return chicken to the skillet, add lime juice, and toss until combined. Top with chopped cilantro and cotija cheese and serve immediately.
Calories: 399kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 43g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 126mg, Sodium: 1044mg, Potassium: 1309mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 2449IU, Vitamin C: 73mg, Calcium: 155mg, Iron: 3mg