Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bowls with Pecans
These apple cinnamon oatmeal bowls made in the pressure cooker and topped with pecans and maple syrup are perfect for fall!
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats (150 grams)
- 4 1/2 cups quality apple cider or water (1 liter), see Notes
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cinnamon per your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple , peeled and shredded (core discarded)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans (57 grams), toasted
- Maple syrup
- Additional apple slices , optional
Lightly grease the bowl of an electric pressure cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Add the steel cut oats, apple cider or water, cinnamon, salt and shredded apple.
Secure lid, making sure vent is in the "seal" position.
Select "Multigrain" function or high pressure and adjust time to 10 minutes.
Once time is up, allow pressure cooker to natural release for 15 minutes. Then manually release the rest of the pressure and carefully open the lid.
Stir oatmeal and serve with toasted pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- If you use water instead of the apple cider, consider adding 2 tablespoons of brown sugar for a touch of sweetness.
- To toast nuts, stir pecans in a dry pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. To reheat, add a splash of water, apple cider, or milk, stir, and microwave for 2-3 minutes until hot.
Calories: 310kcal, Carbohydrates: 52g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 201mg, Potassium: 245mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 16IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 47mg, Iron: 2mg