Cranberry Orange Muffins
Soft and buttery, these cranberry orange muffins are bursting with flavor in every bite!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (113 grams, 1 stick), softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup dark or light brown sugar (105 grams)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk (125 ml)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (100 grams)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (210 grams)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a regular muffin pan with paper liners or grease with nonstick baking spray.
With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, and orange zest until pale and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the milk. Mix only until combined.
Fold in cranberries.
Scoop batter into prepared pan, filling about 2/3 full.
Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake muffins for about 10 minutes more, until muffins are set on top and spring back to the touch.
Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and just enough orange juice to make a thick but pourable glaze. Drizzle over muffins and enjoy!
- For best results, have all ingredients at room temperature. I take my butter, eggs and milk out of the fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- These muffins freeze really well. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in a ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 1 month. Defrost as needed on the counter for about 20 minutes.
Calories: 272kcal, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 117mg, Potassium: 121mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 28g, Vitamin A: 303IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 1mg