Chocolate Mint Cookies
These soft and fudgy chocolate mint cookies are a wonderful treat!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (170 grams), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar (300 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (60 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate (170 grams), chopped (see Notes)
- 1 cup mint baking chips (200 grams), see Notes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 4 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the mixer and mix until just combined.
Add the chocolate chips, if using.
Scoop by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake until edges are crisp, about 8-9 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
Calories: 244kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 108mg, Potassium: 96mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 201IU, Calcium: 28mg, Iron: 1mg