Toasted Coconut, Pecan, and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies packed with toasted coconut, pecan, and dark chocolate have crisp edges, chewy centers and irresistible flavor.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (170 grams), softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar (215 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (300 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (85 grams)
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (170 grams)
- 1 cup pecans (113 grams), chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread the coconut on an ungreased sheet pan. Place in the oven and toast one to two minutes at a time, stirring to promote even toasting, until golden in color. Keep your eyes on the coconut, it can burn quickly. Remove from oven and let cool.
Line another sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the mixer and mix on low until combined. Add the shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans.
Spoon by tablespoons onto the prepared sheet pan. Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 243kcal, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 121mg, Potassium: 110mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 199IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 39mg, Iron: 1mg