Chicken Salad with Pecans, Apples, and Dried Cherries
This delicious chicken salad is filled with shredded chicken, chopped pecans, diced apples, dried cherries, and a creamy rosemary-scented dressing.
- 4 cups (1 lb) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tart apple , I liked to use honeycrisp, gala or pink lady, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt , or a combination of the two
- 1 small shallot , minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl combine the chicken, diced apples, pecans, and cherries.
In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise/greek yogurt, shallot, vinegar, rosemary and salt and pepper.
Add to the chicken mixture and mix until combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Serve with bread, wrap, or lettuce.
Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Sodium: 604mg, Calcium: 31mg, Vitamin C: 2mg, Vitamin A: 417IU, Sugar: 10g, Fiber: 3g, Potassium: 277mg, Cholesterol: 75mg, Calories: 409kcal, Saturated Fat: 4g, Fat: 28g, Protein: 25g, Carbohydrates: 14g, Iron: 1mg