Italian Pasta Salad
This quick and flavorful Italian pasta salad is filled with pepperoni, fresh mozzarella, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and basil is perfect for potlucks and parties!
- 12 oz dried rotini pasta
- 6 oz mini pepperoni
- 1 small red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 small red onion , chopped
- 4 oz can sliced olives , drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cucumber , sliced
- 8 oz mini mozzerella balls , halved
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian-style dressing (below)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot filled with salted boiling water, cook pasta until just past "al dente".
Meanwhile, prepare the Italian dressing. Add all ingredients to a jar with a lid and secure. Shake until combined. Re-shake as needed before using.
When pasta is done, drain well but do not rinse.
Toss 1/3 cup of the Italian dressing with the pasta and spread out on a sheet pan to cool.
To assemble pasta salad, combine pasta with the rest of the ingredients and remaining Italian dressing.
Chill in the fridge for 4 hours before serving, and up to 1 day.
Let pasta salad sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Leftovers should be stored in the fridge and consumed within several days.
Calories: 663kcal, Carbohydrates: 40g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 47g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 1315mg, Potassium: 326mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 959IU, Vitamin C: 25mg, Calcium: 252mg, Iron: 2mg