Strawberry and Rose Water Jam with Vanilla Bean
Not your average strawberry jam, this recipe includes rose water and vanilla bean for a fun and flavorful twist.
- 2 pounds strawberries , stems removed and sliced (900 grams)
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar (500 grams)
- ¼ cup bottled lemon juice (60 ml)
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 vanilla bean , split lengthwise
Combine the crushed strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and rose water in a large saucepan and place over medium-heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently and skimming any foam from the top.
Reduce heat and simmer. Add the vanilla bean. Continue to cook while still stirring frequently until thick and gelled, about 20-30 minutes.
Remove vanilla bean pod. Spoon jam into sterilized jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Wipe the rims of the jars clean and cover with sterilized lids and rings. Process in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Make sure the water covers the jars completely, and that it is boiling for the entire processing time.
Let cool to room temperature before removing rings and storing.
- If you are new to canning, try this excellent post from Simple Bites: Canning 101 for help.
- You can find rosewater at most whole foods stores. You can also make your own.
- For higher altitudes: 1,001-6,000 feet add 5 minutes to processing time. For 6,001 feet and above, add 10 minutes.
Calories: 750kcal, Carbohydrates: 192g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 5mg, Potassium: 484mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 182g, Vitamin A: 36IU, Vitamin C: 186mg, Calcium: 48mg, Iron: 1mg