Raspberry Almond Baked Oatmeal
A comforting breakfast for cold winter mornings— baked oatmeal with almonds and swirls of fruity raspberry jam.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (200 grams)
- ⅓ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (70 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sliced almonds (43 grams)
- 2 cups milk or almond milk (475 ml)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and cooled (42 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup raspberry jam (170 grams)
- Fresh raspberries , for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square pan or similar sized baking dish.
In a large bowl, stir together the rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and almonds. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, and almond extract. Add liquids to the oat mixture and stir until combined.
Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Drop the raspberry jam by small spoonfuls into the oatmeal. Use a knife to gently swirl it throughout.
Bake until the edges begin to turn golden brown and mixture is bubbly, about 30-40 minutes. Serve immediately, or chill and reheat at a later time. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Calories: 391kcal, Carbohydrates: 56g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 255mg, Potassium: 384mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 30g, Vitamin A: 346IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 180mg, Iron: 2mg