Homemade Caramel Sauce
Caramel sauce is easy to make and the perfect topping for desserts!
Making Caramel - Method 1 (Wet Method)
- 1 cups granulated sugar (200 grams)
- ¼ cup water (60 ml)
Making Caramel - Method 2 (Dry Method)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
For the Caramel Sauce:
- Caramel from above
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream (178 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (28 grams)
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean , seeds removed from the pod (optional)
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (optional)
Making Caramel - Method 1 (Wet Method):
Making Caramel - Method 2 (Dry Method):
To make the Caramel Sauce:
As soon as the caramel is dark amber in color, immediately remove it from the heat and slowly add the heavy cream while whisking constantly. Caramel will bubble violently.
Return mixture to medium heat and simmer until any clumps have dissolved and mixture is smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and salt. Add vanilla extract and if desired, vanilla bean and whiskey.
Makes 1 ½ cup caramel sauce.
Calories: 188kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Sodium: 138mg, Potassium: 15mg, Sugar: 22g, Vitamin A: 369IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 13mg