How to Grill Pizza
Grilling pizza at home is easy!
- Pizza dough , store-bought or you can make your own
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
- Desired toppings: cheese, cooked meats, vegetables and herbs
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Divide dough in half and roll each out to a rough circle about 1/2 inch thick. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon olive oil each.
Carefully flip pizza dough onto grill, olive oil side-down. Immediately brush with remaining olive oil and cover the grill.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottoms of the pizzas have dark grill marks, but be careful not to burn. Adjust heat as necessary, all grills are different.
Using a spatula or tongs, flip pizzas. Quickly add toppings, then cover for 2-3 minutes until bottom of pizzas are browned.
Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- The pizza cooks so quickly on the grill, that all toppings must be cooked and prepped in advance.
- All grills are different. It may take a few tries to figure out time and temperature for your grill.
- This recipe was only tested on a gas grill. You can certainly use other grills (charcoal, etc.) but other adjustments may need to be made.