Chai Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chai spice chocolate chip cookies are thick and chewy, and loaded up with dark chocolate and warm spices like cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and allspice.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature (170 grams)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (210 grams)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (300 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chopped chocolate (170 grams)
- 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (170 grams)
Preheat oven to 375°F and line sheet pans with parchment paper.
With an electric mixer, beat butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar for several minutes until pale and creamy, scraping down the bowl once or twice.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add vanilla and mix.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix until dough begins to come together.
Add chocolate chips and chopped chocolate and mix until combined and dough is uniform.
Portion cookie dough into large rounds (this is the cookie scoop I use) and shape into a ball. Place 6 balls of dough to a sheet pan, spaced evenly.
Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until edges and tops are just starting to turn golden brown.
Remove from the oven but let cookies rest on sheet pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
- Do you know how to measure flour correctly?
- Check to make sure your spices haven't expired! Expired spices will have weaker flavor.
- Nutrition information is an estimate.
Calories: 323kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 139mg, Potassium: 156mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 273IU, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 2mg