Triple Chocolate Brownies
Fudgy brownies packed with chocolate chips and covered in rich ganache icing.
- 1 cup unsalted butter , cubed (226 grams)
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate , chopped or use chips (255 grams)
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar (300 grams)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder , optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120 grams)
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (170 grams)
For the ganache topping:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter , cubed (56 grams)
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate , chopped or use chips (140 grams)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
In a medium saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. When melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Stir in the vanilla and espresso, if using. Gently stir in the flour and salt, stirring only until streaks of flour are almost gone. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake until edges are firm and dry, and center is set but not dry, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely.
To make the ganache:
Place the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently as mixture melts. When smooth, remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Pour onto the cooled brownies and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving, for best results. For clean slices, wipe knife clean with a warm wet towel in between each cut.
- For easy removal from the pan, line with parchment paper so there's enough on the sides to use as a handle. Then once they're cool, simply lift and transfer to a cutting board for slicing.
- Store individually wrapped in the freezer for easy snacking.
Calories: 451kcal, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 81mg, Sodium: 105mg, Potassium: 250mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 32g, Vitamin A: 515IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 61mg, Iron: 2mg