Toasted Coconut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy cookies packed with toasted coconut and white chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (113 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (170 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut , see Note (65 grams)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (75 grams)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars until light and creamy, about 4-5 minutes, scraping the bowl down once. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add the toasted coconut and white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
Spoon by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan and bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.
- To toast coconut, spread onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven in 2 minute intervals, stirring in between. You want the coconut to be just turning golden brown, be careful not to burn. Let cool completely.
- You can use flaked, shredded, or wide slice; sweetened or unsweetened coconut.
Calories: 155kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 84mg, Potassium: 43mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 128IU, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg