Peach Crumb Tart
A summer peach pie topped with a crisp streusel, baked in a tart pan.
For the crust:
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (180 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cold and cut into cubes (113 grams)
- 2-4 tablespoons ice cold water
For the filling:
- 4 cups peaches , sliced (850 grams, about 5 medium)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (60 grams)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (105 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled (75 grams)
To prepare the crust:
To make the crust, combine the flour, salt and sugar (if using) in a bowl. Add the cubed butter and toss until coated.
Use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix with a spoon until the dough begins to come together, adding more water a little at a time as needed.
Use your hands to form the dough into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
To make the tart:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch tart pan, preferably with a removable bottom
On a well floured surface, roll the pie crust out to a rough 11 inch circle and transfer to the prepared tart pan. Trim off any overhanging crust.
To make the topping, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, ginger and melted butter together in a bowl. Mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, toss the sliced peaches together with the sugar and cornstarch. Dump peaches into the prepared tart crust and evenly sprinkle the topping on top.
Bake until crumb topping is golden brown and juices are bubbling, 35-45 minutes. If crumb topping browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
Let cool to room temperature and remove tart from pan. The tart can be served warm or at room temperature.
- This tart can also be baked in an 8 inch pie pan.
- Feel free to use your favorite pie crust recipe, or even store-bought prepared pie crust.
Calories: 273kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Sodium: 102mg, Potassium: 132mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 561IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 1mg