Classic apple crisp is perfect for fall!
- 4 medium tart apples , peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (70 grams)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (30 grams)
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats (25 grams)
- 1/4 cup butter , at room temperature (60 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream or ice cream , if desired
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir. Add the butter and cut it into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly.
Spread the sliced apples into the baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the topping.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until the topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Calories: 210kcal, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 73mg, Potassium: 158mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 302IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 21mg, Iron: 1mg