Mumbai Shrimp Tacos
These eastern spiced shrimp tacos served with avocado salsa will bring a little pizzazz to any night of the week!
- 2 avocados , diced
- 1 ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes (225 grams), halved
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (5 grams)
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb peeled and de-veined shrimp (455 grams), see Note
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 8 taco-sized soft tortillas
- Avocado salsa , above
- Lime wedges and cilantro , for garnish
To make the salsa:
Mix together the avocado, tomatoes, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic, cilantro and salt and pepper. Set aside.
To make the tacos:
In a large bowl, combine the spices and salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss until well coated.
Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat and add oil or butter. Add shrimp and cook until opaque and slightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with tortillas, avocado salsa, lime juice, and cilantro.
NOTE: you may also want to remove the shrimp tails for easy taco assembly.
From Modern Comfort Cooking by Lauren Grier.
Calories: 256kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 143mg, Sodium: 943mg, Potassium: 429mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 482IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium: 127mg, Iron: 3mg