Instant Pot Thai Chicken
Tender chicken thighs in a lime-peanut sauce made quick and easy in an Instant Pot!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs (907 grams), trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock (125 grams)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (686 grams)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (60 ml)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper , optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (30 grams)
- Lime wedges and cilantro , for garnish
Select "Browning/Sauté" on your electric pressure cooker and add 1 tablespoon oil.
Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. When pressure cooker is hot, add half of chicken thighs to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining oil and chicken thighs.
Add chicken broth to the pot while hot and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom. Stir in peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and cayenne pepper.
Return chicken and any juices to the pot and secure lid, making sure pressure release is set to "sealing".
Select "High Pressure" and 9 minutes cook time.
When cook time ends, use a quick pressure release. When valve drops, open pressure cooker and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Serve chicken over steamed rice, or as desired. Top with peanuts, lime wedges and more cilantro.
Calories: 716kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 45g, Fat: 57g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 222mg, Sodium: 1168mg, Potassium: 692mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 229IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 38mg, Iron: 3mg