A light and refreshing lemonade with a hint of ginger. This drink is family-friendly, but feel free to add bourbon or vodka to make it an adult beverage.
For the ginger simple syrup:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
- 1 cup water (237 ml)
- 1 medium piece of ginger root , thinly sliced
For the lemonade:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (250 ml)
- 4 cups cold water (about 1 liter)
- Ginger simple syrup
- Lemon slices , for garnish (optional)
- Mint , for garnish (optional)
To make the simple syrup:
In a small saucepan set over medium high heat, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Add the ginger. Remove from heat and add sliced ginger. Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge and chill completely for 1-2 hours. Strain to remove ginger slices.
To assemble the lemonade:
Calories: 80kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 2mg, Potassium: 31mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin C: 12mg, Calcium: 2mg, Iron: 1mg