One-Pot Shrimp and Pea Orzo
This quick and easy one-pot shrimp and pea orzo is a great weeknight meal!
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta (420 grams)
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth or stock (300 ml)
- 1/4 cup white wine (60 ml)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 green onions , sliced
- 12 ounces shrimp (340 grams)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese , for serving (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta and cook into according to directions on the package, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Return the pot to the stove and add the vegetable stock and wine. Stir in the paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic.
Bring mixture to a boil, then add peas and green onions.
Bring mixture to a boil again, then add shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until shrimp cook all the way through and turn pink.
Return the orzo to the pan along with the lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Cook for a few minutes until orzo soaks up the sauce.
Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories: 315kcal, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 153mg, Sodium: 1065mg, Potassium: 266mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 847IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 119mg, Iron: 3mg