7 Layer Magic Bars
These "magical" cookie bars made with a graham cracker crust, baking chips, nuts, and coconut are always a hit!
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve graham crackers), crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper or grease well with nonstick spray.
In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
Layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and nuts into the dish.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over all of the ingredients in the baking dish.
Sprinkle with flaked coconut.
Bake until coconut is toasted and bars are golden brown, 25 minutes.
Let cool completely to room temperature before slicing.
Adapted slightly from All Recipes.
- You can substitute the butterscotch chips for white chocolate chips, caramel chips, cinnamon chips, etc.
- You can use either unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut.
- If the sweetened condensed milk is too thick to pour evenly over the baking dish, warm it briefly in the microwave in a heatproof dish to thin it out.
Calories: 234kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Sodium: 111mg, Potassium: 158mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 145IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 61mg, Iron: 1mg