The best ways to seal hand pies
Since hand pies are small enough already, you don’t want to lose any of that precious filling. Keep the edges of the crust sealed with these tips.
- Leave a minimum 1/4 inch of bare crust around your filling.
- Brush the edges with egg wash (1 egg + 1 teaspoon water, lightly beaten).
- Fold crust over and use your fingers to press edges together.
- Use the tines of a fork to crimp the edges together to complete the seal.
- Place hand pies on a sheet pan and freeze for 10 minutes before baking.