Iced coffee blended with chocolate and served over ice. It’s the perfect summertime pick-me-up!
We’ve been in our new city for a few weeks now and I feel like I’m finally getting the hang of my new routine. Only, I have yet to find new childcare for John and so I have to entertain him all day, everyday while still trying to develop and write recipes just as I have before. Plus I’m 25 weeks pregnant.
All of this adds up to the fact that I am tired all the time. Coffee to the rescue!
These mocha coffee coolers are what’s going to get me through the summer. Strong coffee, half and half (or milk) and chocolate syrup are blended together with a little ice and served over more ice. It’s cold, frothy, sweet and guaranteed to perk you/me up.
Cheers to making it through another week. Happy Friday, friends!
Mocha Coffee Coolers
- 1 cup (250 ml) strongly brewed iced coffee (see Note for brewing suggestions)
- 1 cup (250 ml) half and half or whole milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chocolate syrup
- 1-3 tablespoons granulated sugar, depending on desired sweetness
- 1 cup (100 grams) ice cubes
- Additional ice, for serving
- Place iced coffee, half and half or milk, chocolate syrup, sugar and ice cubes into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sugar if necessary. Serve immediately over ice.
- To brew iced coffee: pour 1 cup hot water water over 1/4 cup medium coarse coffee grounds through pour-over apparatus filled with 1 cup ice cubes. Use immediately.
- To make cold brew coffee: Place 1 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup medium coarse coffee grounds into a glass and chill in the fridge for 8-12 hours. Strain out grounds before using.
Have you tried this recipe?