The easiest and most festive holiday appetizer!
This recipe was developed in partnership with Cache Valley Cheese.
We are right in the thick of holiday party season, which is both so very fun but also sometimes stressful. If you’ve got a few more gatherings still ahead of you, I’m here to help! This marinated cheese ring is the answer to all of your prayers. It’s got maximum appeal with minimal effort. All you need is a knife, a cutting board, and 15 minutes.
Plus, uh hello, look at all that gorgeous cheese!
Cache Valley Cheese is a staple at our local grocery stores and in our home. Inspired by the rural town of Logan, Utah, surrounded by majestic mountains and dairy farms, it’s been made from high quality and wholesome ingredients since 1937. I can’t imagine Utah without it, and I certainly agree with their belief that good cheese comes from a good place.
If you’re lucky enough to live in Utah too, I recommend Cache Valley’s natural sharp cheddar or mozzarella for this recipe. Though one of the great things about this marinated cheese ring is that you can use whatever flavor of cheese you prefer! Swiss, colby, pepperjack— they’ll all taste amazing.
Now of course, this recipe isn’t all about the cheese. It’s the mixture on top that elevates this cheese platter into something worthy of even the fanciest party. It’s made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, olives, roasted red peppers, scallions, garlic, and fresh herbs. Mix it all together, pour it over the cheese, and then wait. (Waiting is the hardest part!)
A few hours later, serve it with toasted baguette slices or crackers and be prepared for lots of oohs and aahs.
Marinated Cheese Wreath
- 2 lbs (900 grams) assorted cheeses, thickly sliced (I used sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) olives, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Arrange cheese slices in a ring on a large platter.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the cheese slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours and up to overnight. Serve with toasted bread or crackers.
Have you tried this recipe?
Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by Cache Valley Cheese. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I love and believe in, which make Completely Delicious possible. All opinions are 100% my own, as always. For more information about Cache Valley Cheese, visit their website.