BLT fixings combine with egg salad to make one satisfying sandwich.
I am currently on a sandwich bender. If it can fit in between two slices of bread, odds are I’ve turned it into sandwich and enjoyed it for lunch sometime in the recent past.
But no matter what crazy delicious combos I’ve come up with, a good BLT will always be my favorite, with homemade egg salad a very close second. Then yesterday I thought, why not combine the two?
I had just gotten home from a fun-filled weekend in Park City with a few other close blogging friends (more on that coming soon) and I was eager to get back to my sandwich routine. Lucky for me, since I live locally I also came home with a few leftover groceries from Whole Foods, who were generous enough to feed us during our stay. I had a few slices of Whole Food’s house cured pepper bacon and a half carton of eggs, just what I needed for my ultimate sandwich mashup.
Taking these few hurried photos was absolute torture. And eventually I just called it good and devoured the sandwich right there right next to my camera and tripod.
I think I’ve found my new favorite sandwich!
baking tip:Perfect hard-boiled eggs
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Set over high heat and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and cover pan.
- Set timer for 12 minutes exactly.
- When the 12 minutes are up, drain water from pan and fill with cold water and let cool completely.
Note: for easy peeling, try not to use eggs that are fresh from the market or farm. Eggs that are a little older don’t cling so tightly to their shells.
BLT Egg Salad Sandwiches
For the egg salad:
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sandwiches:
- 4 slices of bread
- Egg salad (above)
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Sliced tomatoes
- To make the egg salad, stir together the chopped eggs, mayo, dijon mustard, chives and salt and pepper.
- To assemble the sandwiches, layer the egg salad, lettuce, tomatoes and egg salad on the slices of bread. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. And enjoy!