This light and refreshing sorbet made with raspberries and rosé wine is just the kind of grown-up frozen treat we all need.
It’s already August, you guys. August. Where has this summer gone? In just a few weeks everyone is going to be all excited about boots, sweaters, and PSLs and I’m going to be over here fighting back tears. Because summer should never, ever end.
But alas, that’s not how the world works. So until the seasons change you’ll find me soaking up every bit of summer I can. And you can count on me churning up a fresh batch of this raspberry rosé sorbet every weekend till Labor Day.
It’s a very simple recipe— just raspberries, rosé wine, and a little sugar. Mix it all together, churn it in an ice cream machine, and then throw it in the freezer to firm up. If you don’t have an ice cream machine, maybe this is the summer you get one? It’s totally worth it and I promise you’ll love it.
This sorbet is best served on warm summer nights, after the kids go to bed, with a little extra rosé poured over the top.
- 2 cups (500 ml) dry rosé wine
- ⅔ cup (133 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 cups (360 grams) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Additional rosé wine, for serving (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rosé wine and sugar just to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, add the raspberries, and let cool to room temperature. Purée the mixture in a blender or food processor and then press through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Chill the mixture thoroughly in the fridge, about 2-3 hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Sorbet will be very soft. Remove from the ice cream machine, transfer to a covered container and freeze for at least 2 hours until firm.
Note: This recipe was originally published on Completely Delicious May 2011.
You may also like these posts:
This page contains affiliate links, which provide me a small percentage of all purchases made through them.
about meHi, I'm Annalise and I love to bake! Welcome to my blog, where you'll find recipes, baking tips and tricks, and more.