Just 5 ingredients and a few minutes of prep and you’re on your way to enjoying this simply perfect nectarine puff pastry tart.
Looking for a simple way to highlight perfect, peak-season fruit in a dessert without a lot of fuss? This tart right here is about to become your new best friend.
It’s just store-bought puff pastry and fresh nectarines with a little bit of butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Yep, it’s that easy!
I love elaborate pies as much as the next gal, but sometimes I just don’t have the time or the patience. This tart is here to save us all from slaving away in the kitchens, and it’s even pretty enough to impress dinner guests.
Hoping to use a fruit other than nectarines? Other stone fruit such as peaches, plums, or apricots would also be fabulous, and so would apples or pears come fall.
Just don’t forget the whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- 1 sheet store bought puff pastry
- 3 cups ( grams, about 3 medium) fresh nectarines, sliced (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll puff pastry into an approximate 9-inch x 12-inch rectangle (no need to be exact. Fold over approximate ½-inch border of dough on all sides. Lay nectarine slices on top of the puff pastry, within the border. Brush fruit and dough with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the whole thing.
- Bake until edges of the tart are golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Tart is best the same day it is baked.
You may also like these posts:
This page contains affiliate links, which provide me a small percentage of all purchases made through them.