Right now I’m in Hawaii, laying on a beach. Or perhaps I’m snorkeling with sea turtles. Or taking my first surfing lesson. Be jealous, be very jealous.

Even though I’m away, I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you. Because it can’t wait, because it’s that good. I have been in a peanut butter mood lately (remember the Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies from last week?). I’ve gone through two jars of the stuff in under a month. Send help, or at least a tall glass of milk.

This recipe comes straight from Joy the Baker’s genius and it’s something that everyone must bake and enjoy themselves. Chocolate and peanut butter go together like, well, chocolate and peanut butter. It’s a combination that cannot be beat.

These blondies are a simple, no-fuss dessert, sure to please just about everyone. Just make sure you have a glass of milk nearby, you’ll need it to wash them down.

You may enjoy these other peanut butter recipes:

Peanut Butter Cookies by Completely Delicious

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease with butter.

Melt the butter and sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla, stirring until combined.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Spread the batter into the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Let cool completely before frosting.

Milk Chocolate Buttercream

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted

Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.

15 Responses to Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Buttercream

1. Priya says:

Excellent blondies,seriously makes me drool..

2. Becki's Whole Life says:

These look soooo good. Anything with frosting gets my attention and chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite combo. Yum!

3. Kristy {Sweet Treats and More} says:

These looks so tasty…I'm a sucker for anything with peanut butter.

I love bar treats and these look perfect!

5. We Are Not Martha says:

I'm very jealous! First you tease me with photos of these and then you taunt me with claims of being in Hawaii. I have to leave now… :)

These look beautiful!

Sues

6. Stephanie Rose says:

Oh I've made this before and its deadly delicious. You're right you definitely need a glass of milk. You make it look even better!

7. Erin @ Cooking on Whim says:

Looks so good– I will be making these for my husband SOON!

8. Jackie says:

Yum! these look and sound really good. I will have to make these for my family this week. They are sure to be a hit.

9. mountain mama cooks says:

I hope you had a great time in Hawaii and were smart enough to freeze some of these babies before you left. What better treat to come home to than a freezer full of these!

10. Kara says:

Hope you had a super fun time in Hawaii!
    I love you pictures, and you blog! AND this recipe!
    Love!

11. nico. says:

it's so funny that you posted these because I just made them last weekend! I am making them again now, but with chocolate chips :)

12. foodie @ Tasting Spot says:

i like your food pictures and want to invite you to try out tastingspot.com. it's for anyone that just wants another place to submit photos and share it will other foodies. It’s still in beta version, but would love for you to start adding some photos and help get it going.

13. Erika Beth, the Messy Chef says:

Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe while you are on vacation. 1. I want a blondie now and 2. I want a vacation now. :)

14. Jesica @ pencil Kitchen says:

YUM! yes PB & chocolate, what could go wrong?!

15. alaa shafei says:

I just made it by following ur recipe, but I faced a problem:s after I left the sugar and butter to cool down for 5 mins, the sugar became so stiff, then it melted again in the oven! I took it out of the oven but it is still soft but not wet, should I put it in the fridge before serving it?