Bread fresh from the oven

Do you have more zucchini than you know what you do with? If so, then I’ve got the recipe for you!

Every year our garden produces more zucchini than we can keep up with. And every year I try a new zucchini bread recipe. This time I happened to have a lot of overripe banana laying around too, and some walnuts. So I threw them all together in this delicious quick bread recipe!

Grating zucchini

Adding walnuts

It really was everything I hoped it would be. Is it banana bread? Is it zucchini bread? It’s both! And it’s yummy. And simple.

The zucchini, banana, and walnuts go together quite well in this bread. Slathered with butter, you couldn’t ask for a better snack.

Even if you don’t have a garden overflowing with zucchini, this is worth going out and getting a bunch.

With butter

Note: I’m still on vacation! I hope you’re enjoying these pre-scheduled posts, but unfortunately I won’t be able to respond to emails and comments until I return.

Banana Zucchini Walnut Bread

3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9-inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Add oil, brown sugar, sugar, grated zucchini, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Blend together until well combined. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the walnuts.

Divide the batter evenly between the loaf pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Allow to cool in the loaf pans for about 15 minutes. Remove from the pans and place on a wire rack to cool completely.

8 Responses to Banana Zucchini Walnut Bread

1. The Blue-Eyed Bakers says:

Delicious! Love the banana/zucchini/walnut combo…sounds like the perfect snack!

2. The Comfort of Cooking says:

You know, every time I make banana bread, I want to sneak a little zucchini in there to see what it would taste like, but my husband is repulsed by the idea, so I don't (Otherwise, I'd be eating the whole thing myself, I think!). Next time, I'm definitely going to give this a try – Your bread looks absolutely delicious!

3. Greatma says:

MMMMMMMMM, sounds yummy, printed the recipe. Will try, the days are getting cooler, and I want to start baking!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Antique Rose

4. Ashley G says:

Hello there! I absolutely love your photography. I have been attempting to capture my cooking/baking adventures in my kitchen as well and just cannot get the lighting down with my Rebel camera. Do you have any ideas? Do you use a spotlight? Any insight would be so great, thanks dear!

5. Pretty. Good. Food. says:

I have some bananas, I am so making this tonight!

6. kristin @ delishliving says:

Looks amazing! I am excited to try this soon!

7. … [Trackback]…

[...] There you will find 70131 more Infos: completelydelicious.com/2010/09/banana-zucchini-walnut-bread.html [...]…

8. Melodie says:

First time made just as written was yummy! Second time I had 2 cups of zucchini to use up so used all of the zucchini and swapped 2 cups of white flour for King Arthur white whole wheat flour. My husband liked it even better!