I’ve been on the hunt for the best chocolate chip cookies for a long time and these come pretty darn close to perfect. One day a coworker brought in these cookies that completely blew me away. They made me look at chocolate chip cookies in a whole new way. Often I think chocolate chip cookies are boring, unoriginal, and overdone.

Not these cookies. They are not boring. They are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside and are loaded with tons of oozing chocolaty goodness. I hesitated sharing the recipe for a moment because then the secret would be out. But then I decided that since the owner of this recipe was generous enough to share it with me, I should do the same. So here you go, use this information wisely.

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 20 large cookies1 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 tablespoon molasses
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups (2 packages) semi-sweet chocolate chipsPreheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

Mix together the flour, soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the shortening, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating after each. Add the vanilla and molasses. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Next add the chocolate chips.

Spoon by large tablespoon onto the cookie sheet. They’re going to be big, so only put six on a tray. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.

13 Responses to Chocolate Chip Cookies

1. Steph says:

Alicia just told me about these…I'm so excited to try them!!

2. Steph says:

Alicia just told me about these…I'm so excited to try them!!

3. Steph says:

Well, I'm back for the recipe again…Last time I made them they didn't last long enough to get cooked! Makes great cookiedough!!! We'll see if I get some cooked this time:)

4. Steph says:

5. Bake-A-Holic says:

I made these delicious cookies and gave them out to all my family for Valentine's. Everyone loved them. They were sooo good. Great recipe, thanks!

6. Bake-A-Holic says:

7. Annalise says:

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked them. Be careful though, they are addicting!

8. Annalise says:

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked them. Be careful though, they are addicting!

9. Kelly C says:

Can you use butter instead of the shortening? Please say "yes"! :) These look delish.

10. Kelly C says:

My mother always made chocolate chip cookies with shortening – crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. By the time you finished the first one, you were ready for the second. Then I married into a "chocolate chip cookies made with margarine" family. After years and years, I have returned to my original shortening recipe. Sublime!
    Julie

Julie

13. carmen says:

Hello, these look delicious. Do I have to use molasses?